# 6 – Provide Support Structures
- Avoid/Discourage the use of individual
- Keep as much as possible on the
discussion board so you don’t have to repeat
comments/instructions and so all students benefit.
- Use the home page to give reminders.
- Offer a webliography for future research
- Wait until the students have
completed a few modules so you do not overwhelm them.
- Use a key word glossary, and refer
to it when students ask questions.
- Create a FAQ for your course.
Trick # 6 – Prioritize
Creation of Student Support Structures that Save You
- Be systematic about your efforts.
- Look for systemic solutions to the
challenges you’ll face.
- Don’t fight with the technology.
- Use it as it exists today, it
will be better/different tomorrow.
- Don’t waste energy on what
you don’t like, focus on what works today.
to Trick #7
used with permission.
From Merriam-Webster, Incorporated